Monday, August 5, 2013

Project Life is Easy for New Moms



I just gave birth to my second child, a little girl! I was so excited when Becky Higgins Project Life came to Craft Warehouse last month because I knew it would be perfect timing! For those mom's who have been through the sleepless nights of a newborn, you understand what I am talking about.

With my first born, I didn't start scrapbooking his baby pictures or album until he was well over four months old. It was about that time that he started sleeping through the night! When I look back at those pages now, they were cute and everything, but something important was missing. It was the little things that I wish I documented. Like, how much he weighed when and all those important milestones. But, there was just no time to scrapbook then!


Fast forward six years later and now there is Project Life to save the day! I can easily take a journaling card and jot my thoughts down to scrapbook later. Plus, scrapbooking won't take me hours to do anymore! I can slip my cards and photos right into the pages without worrying that it won't look nice enough for our family album. All the cards mix and match as you can see in my projects below...

My goal for my album is to get those pictures off my phone and document them. I use my phone for my every day photos. To print several of my Instagram photos on a 4x6 print at my local printers, I use this free template in Photoshop.

If you are not Photoshop savvy, I have also heard how you can download the PicsArt App on your phone and put two photos on a 4x6 without the border and it fits perfectly. Then, you can email the photo to yourself and download them to your local printer that way.

You can even print them directly from your computer on photo paper, but I like to have archival safe photo paper for my photos.


Here is my first Project Life page for my family album. No pressure, just documentation...


I shared how Project Life came into Craft Warehouse stores and how I got to be the one who documented all about it for the store via the Craft Warehouse Instagram feed! It was so much fun!



I mixed the Honey and Midnight Core Kits to get the black and pink look! 


These small black American Crafts Thicker Alphabet stickers worked inside and outside the pockets. Although, I think placing the stickers on the inside makes things a little tight. I might stay with adding the foam stickers on the outside of the pockets from now on. 


I love having my handwriting show through out my pages, but my family says that if I want them to be able to read any word of it later, that I need to type my journaling. I think it looks cleaner. I just type it on the computer and print it out on matching card stock. Simply done. 


Guilt free reasons to start Project Life:



* Project Life Core Kits $19.93 (reg $29.99) and Mini Kits $9.93 (reg $14.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips