Friday, November 7, 2014

Authentique Christmas Bouquet by Design Team Member Michelle Philippi


I’m so excited to be here with you today sharing some paper flowers I made for a fun Christmas arrangement.  I had this huge Authentique Three Christmases in One paper pack to work with (which is exclusive to Craft Warehouse), and this neat Flower Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers which made really easy work for this project.


Authentique Christmas Bouquet @craftsavvy #craftwarehouse #authenqiue #paper #flowers



The directions in the package and on the board make it easy to follow and keep you on task.  Cut paper strips (sizes are on the Punch Board) and then follow the guidelines for where to stop, punch, and score.
I’m kind of a go big or go home kinda girl, so I went for the biggest size (XXL).  And these flowers were huge!  One sheet of 12x12 paper cut down to (2) 6x12 piece, then punched and scored come together to make one big, beautiful flower.

Once you have your pieces, you just add some adhesive down at the bottoms and accordion fold.  The scores that you make on the Punch Board make it fool-proof.

I played around with different papers and sizes and found that my favorite combo was the XXL on the outside with the XL on the inside.

I used the Flower Stem Kit (also from We R Memory Keepers) to add stems for forming my flower arrangement.  I poked a hole in the center and had a back that looked like this where I would attach the long stem.  The long stems have wire in them so that you can form them to various angles and heights.
I coordinated my paper with a little red bling from Triveni Crafts that I would use to top my center stem-top with.
I had my daughter hold my bouquet so that you could see how big these are.  They are so big, and so fun.  You could make them smaller too, but I love these!  They remind me of those accordion paper circles that you put on a wall for party décor.  I could totally see doing that with these larger size flowers.

Authentique Christmas Bouquet @craftsavvy #craftwarehouse #authenqiue #paper #flowers
If you’re a papercrafter, and love doing some custom crafty decorating for parties and such, you’ve gotta get this flower maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips