Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Give your guest a warm "Welcome"

How to create your "Welcome" sign.....







The first step was creating a Chevron stencil. I downloaded a chevron pattered image and started to trace my pattern on to the stencil material.




After filling the stencil with the pattern I used a Fiskers fingertip knife and a cutting board.


I then took my oval wood plaque and painted it with acrylic paint.


After allowing my paint to dry I placed the stencil over the top of the wood plaque. To hold it in place a used small pieces of double sided tape.





Using a stencil brush I lightly tapped on white acrylic paint. I had to do a couple of coats to get enough color on without globing it on. If you have to much paint on your brush the paint tends to seep under your stencil.






Once your paint dries pull off the stencil.




My new favorite thing are these Glubers by Cosmo Cricket! The stores can't keep them in stock. This was how I created the flowers. The top 2 flowers I used two different ribbons and the bottom flower was made with Burlap. All you have to do is tie a knot in the burlap and start twisting and wrapping. Instructions are also on the packaging. I also added some decorative brads and embellishments to the flowers.




The last piece is placing on your vinyl word "Welcome"
























2 comments:

  1. can you post or email the link to the chevron print you used? robinsonp19@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used the chevron stencil from crafters workshop it looks like a small chevron, all you have to do is trace the thickness you want by skipping some of the stencil cut outs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips