Saturday, March 10, 2012

Echo Park and My Mind's Eye Scrapbook Page Challenge


I love a good challenge. When Salem's Scrap Club handed out Echo Park's new line This and That Charming papers for this month's scrap challenge I took the plunge! To take the challenge, you have to agree to use every item in the free kit on your page and bring it back by the next Scrap Club.

Wood grain, yellow and turquoise is a popular combination this season. My Mind's Eye's Follow Your Heart chipboard stickers matched the colors perfectly.

What was in the kit:

Paper from This and That by Echo Park


1 chipboard circle
1 silver brad

I added:

Alphabet stickers
2 more silver brads
chipboard sticker sheets by My Mind's Eye
Smash Date Stamp by K&Company for EK Success  






To adhere my first layer, I use a liquid glue instead of an adhesive runner. This keeps the top layers from falling off later in my album.


The second and third (sometimes fourth and fifth) layers are added with three dimensional glue and foam squares. Keep adding chipboard stickers as you like. I even left some of the backing on the element so that i could add a foam square.


To make my banner curl around I slit the triangles a little so the chipboard would bend.


See how one sticker is on the bottom and then I layered over top of it lifting the elements with adhesive so you could still see it peeking through? Cute!

I also cut the kite from the other two. Why not use them on another project?


I love how the SMASH Date Stamp has 2011-2022 on it. It is going to last a long time and be used over and over again. To just ink the date and not the words, I used a Q-tip by rubbing it on my ink pad and then on the stamp. Perfect!

Salem Scrap Club meets once a month on the last Monday of every month at 1pm and again at 6:30pm. To see if your Craft Warehouse has a Scrap Club, check our event's page.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a free event! All you need to do is come and enjoy yourself. They may make you "whoohoo" when you win a prize, but that is about it. ;)

      Delete
  2. Great page Jen...I love all the fun layers! And your son's a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips