Monday, March 5, 2012

Using 6x6 Paper Pads For Scrapbooking by Design Team Member Amanda Sherman

Hi again.  I’m Amanda, Design Team member.  In the previous post, I explored the comparisons and perks of using the 6x6 papers that are taking the scrapbooking market by storm.

Today I’m going to wrap up this little 6x6 paper adventure with a few more examples of projects done with the same two papers in different scale.  I used two sheets of My Minds Eye Lost & Found TWO to make these five projects, three cards and two layouts.




These are the papers.



The first two projects I created were a card and a layout.  I used a 6x6 piece of paper for the card. To create this, I just cut the paper to the size of the card and added a boarder on the inside so it would stick out. Make sure to cut the top a little so it will still fit inside your envelope.

Look how easy this is?! Use the pattern of the paper to decorate the front of your card. 
          
                    


“Such a Lovely Day Together” Journaling: In October, the boys went camping so we had a girl day.  We had a tea party, painted our fingernails and had fun.

 For the layout, I used the 12x12 paper in the same design. I then cut the floral paper to mat my photo using a boarder punch on the bottom of the mat.

Alright, now my next two projects are some of my favorites.

For this card, I distressed the papers and rolled the edges a bit to give it a shabby look.  I also cut the paper flowers (using both scale of papers) with my spellbinders dies and rolled and inked the edges.




The layout below I love because of the photo.  I was so happy with the result of the page and the shabby look, it went perfectly with this picture.  There is no journaling, but the title is based off a song by Steven  Curtis Chapman called “The Treasure of You.”  This is one of my favorites.

              

Supplies:  My Minds Eye (paper, flowers, brads, epoxy, ribbon), Misc (paper, ink & floss), Basic Grey (alphas), Cosmo Cricket (alpha ledgers)

And finally, I used the two different scales of one patterned paper to make this quilted card.





I hope this inspires you to create both cards and layouts with 6x6 paper pads! To see some new paper pads that Craft Warehouse is carrying, check out this previous post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips