Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Simple Stories Documented by Design Team Member Steffanie Seiler

Design Team Member, Steffanie Seiler shares with us her new projects with new Simple Stories Documented line soon to be in your local Craft Warehouse!

I received Simple Stories Documented collection and as I looked at the collection more, I knew I wanted to add some color.  I noticed the birds and butterflies and nature came to mind.  Hence, the hiking photos in my first layout.

Simple Stories Documented Layout with divided page protector
 
 

I cut the word LIFE from one of the 4x6 cards in my collection and basically built from there. I found the right photo to place the transparency over and what I chose gives a very subtle effect but I like it!  I used some dimensional adhesive for depth; Stickles on the butterfly and the Journey card; and went with some 3x4 photos in my 4x6 pockets.  I really tried to keep it pretty simple.   

For the card, I really wanted to make some little flags.  They're quite trendy right now and I thought they would be the perfect embellishment for what I had in mind.

Card---Designer's Choice


I used plain toothpicks and added my own button and some twine.  I did a lot of matting to dress it up.  There is just a tiny amount of Stickles on the dots above and below the bird.  I also added some dimensional adhesive behind the bird.

For the last layout, I went with a beach photo from this last summer. I chose it because it's primarily a silhouette photo with the only real color being blue.  I added a digital frame before printing.

12x12 Scrapbook Page---Designer's Choice


I am thrilled with how this one came out!  I think I crossed into the shabby chic world... just a bit.  I am usually the clean and simple scrapper but this collection pulled something out of me I didn't know I had!  

I used American Crafts and Tim Holtz ribbons for the flowers.  I just cut them off and distressed a bit with some Distress Ink to make them less white.  I made pleated paper ribbon - another first for me!  The title (besides the Thickers alphabet stickers) was simply one of the quotes from the collection cut apart to suit my needs.

I'm pretty excited about my results.  I used very little "other" product.  That's the great thing about these Simple Stories packs - they can really almost stand on their own. My oldest son (13) told me he thinks the last layout is the best I've ever made!  He's so sweet!

Visit the Craft Warehouse website to see more detailed photos here. Stay tuned into our Facebook page to find out when Simple Stories Documented line arrives on Craft Warehouse shelves!

2 comments:

  1. Always love seeing Steffanie's beautiful work. She did it again. Love that she strayed a bit from her usual style into shabby chic with that last LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning and love how these papers make her beatiful photos pop off the page! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips