Friday, April 11, 2014

Becky Higgins Azure Project Life Core Kit by Design Team Member Schona


Hi everyone my name is Schona and I am going to walk you through my All of the supplies I used are available to purchase at Craft Warehouse. Luckily for me I have two within about an hours drive...and a third down in Salem I have yet to visit.

schonakessler-1
 
Supplies from Becky Higgins Azure kit
Becky Higgins Design A Page Protectors
Becky Higgins Date Stamp
Studio Calico Alpha Stickers
Studio Calico Geo Tags
Studio Calico Cameras
Studio Calico Dots
Studio Calico Wood Veneers
Other Supplies also available at Slick Writer
Black StazOn Ink
Scissors
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Glossy Accents
 
After going through my supplies and choosing the papers I want to use for the spread I go through all of my photos using the free Picasa program from Google. It is there I can decide if I want to use a 4x6 of one photo or make mini collages. I take so many photos that it is rare for me not to need to make multiple collages for each layout. Once I have my photos printed I put them in my album in order of date taken.

schonakessler-2

It is then that I choose what papers go where on my layout. I like to use a kit per spread this year instead of one kit per year. For this spread I enjoyed using the Azure kit from Becky Higgins.

project life

I place my papers where I want them to go and then start trimming any photos that may need trimmed down. I just adore my tiny attacher and use if often in my album. It makes the process go so much faster than using glue and is just so cute.

project-life-process

Once I have my photos trimmed and securely attached to the papers I am then able to start embellishing. I just love tiny alphas and wood veneers so this spread is just up my alley. ;) I usually add washi tape to my spreads but I decided to go without it for this layout.

project-life-close-up

I love embellishing my spreads with a bunch of different items that add texture and color but do not distract from the photos. I often choose too many fun things to add and have to put some away to not look crazy. lol Here is my completed two page layout.

project-life-layout

I hope you enjoyed seeing my process and know that Project Life has no rules...whatever you say goes. I just love that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips