Thursday, October 23, 2014

Craft Warehouse Deign Team Member Staci Wendland


Welcome back Staci Wendland, Craft Warehouse Design Team Alumni! Staci is our local seamstress! We love her classic projects that have inspired so many of our customers! Staci's heart for teaching is why we keep asking her back! She has a great way of explaining a project so that anyone - no matter if a beginner or advanced in sewing - could feel confident in trying out her designs. Here's what she has to say about what inspires her to create!



How long have you been crafting? 

I’ve been crafting so long, I don’t remember ever not doing it!  One of my first sewing memories was being allowed to help on a quilt my grandmother had made before she passed away, just after I was born.  My mother and several of my aunts were quilting it on one of those big, wooden frames and they let me quilt a small section.  I was only three or four years old, so my stitches are very wonky, but I felt so grown-up!


 
What inspires you to be creative?


Inspiration is a funny thing.  It has definitely taught me to be more patient and open-minded.  It can come from anywhere, but it will come on its own time, not mine.


 
What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use? 


I'm always a big fan of Craft Warehouse, but with my daughter's recent wedding, I was there A LOT.  We bought jewelry supplies, scrapbook paper, vinyl, paint, mason jars and accessories, frames, fabric, wood, and more.  If you need to know where to find something in that store, I can tell you!
 
 



How can you encourage others reading this column? 

Read the instructions, make sure you're within your current skill level and go for it.  But don't give up if a project fails.  I've had so many things not turn out the way I had hoped, but I have to laugh about it and move on to the next thing.  I usually hang onto those fails because sometimes, down the road, I'm able to turn it into a win.

Join us tomorrow where Staci will be our guest and show off a fun reversible apron tutorial! It is a perfect hostess gift idea right in time for the gift making season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips