Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Miss Kate Quilted Pillow by Design Team Member Jenifer Cowels


Thank you so much for joining me today.  I have such a fun project to share with you.  I was so excited when I opened my Craft Warehouse box and saw the wonderful goodies inside.  I received the cutest mini quilt pattern from Thimble Blossoms along with some Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics, now in Craft Warehouse stores!.  I couldn’t wait to get started.   After following the easy, clear pattern and having the cutest little mini quilt in my hands I was trying to come up with a different way to use it.  I don’t have very much wall space in my sewing room but I do have a couch.  So I made a mini quilt pillow to adorn my couch.


Supplies:
16”x16”-Pillow Form
Ric-Rac (optional)
Fat Quarter for the back
Directions for 16x16 pillow:
1.       Follow all of the Instructions for the mini quilt.
2.       Baste Ric-Rac along all 4 sides.  (optional).
3.       On the top and the bottom add a 1 ¼”sash and a 2” sash on both sides.  This will give you a 16 ½”x16 ½” square.
4.       Cut the Fat Quarter to 16 ½”x16 ½” for the back.
5.       Sew along 3 ½ sides, leaving an opening for turning.
6.       Turn and press.
7.       Insert the pillow form into the opening.
8.       Hand Stitch the opening closed.
And now you are done!
Here is a close up of the optional ric-rac, I love how it looks like a little scallop.
Here is a picture of the beautiful fabric for the back, I just love it. 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today and I look forward to all of the wonderful inspiration from the Craft Warehouse team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips