Friday, December 5, 2014

Joyous Scrapbook Layout by Design Team Member Laura Cook


Can you believe it?.... It's December already!  One month away from 2015! The one thing I like about this cold, rainy season is that it makes me retreat to my crafting corner and get creative! I was so excited to get to play with the new Joyous line from My Mind's Eye. It has that classic, old time Christmas feel with glittery accents.  So.... let's get started...


Gather the following SUPPLIES (see photo below) at your local Craft Warehouse
1) file: sanding
2) adhesive: foam pop-dots/square, favorite tape runner or liquid glue
3) paper trimmer
4) paper and accessory(gift label stickers) kit: My Mind's Eye: Joyous
5) glitter die cut pieces (advent tags): My Mind's Eye: Joyous
6) gold glitter letter stickers: American Crafts: Thickers: Fitzgerald

DIRECTIONS:

 
Hand-cut out the flowers/leaves (bottom right corner) and the flourish shape (top right corner) from paper: Joyous: Noel
Hand-cut the border out of paper: Joyous: Postage. Cut around, keeping the 2 post cards (bottom) and doily (bottom left) attached to border.
Cut 7 3/4" by 7 3/4" square matt for behind photo from paper: Joyous: merry,  file the edges of paper 



Layers.... I love LAYERS!  (yes, my albums are bulky.. and I love them that way).

Layer papers and die cuts as seen in photo.  Use paper: Joyous: Flourish as background paper. 
Add dimension to layers by popping up border and die cuts with foam pop-dots/squares adhesive
Fold corner of matt over top of photo, secure with adhesive
Add layout title using gold glitter letter stickers

Now... what to do with all those leftover scraps..?... I have the perfect idea, since I am all about making good use of my paper, even the scraps. Visit my blog here for a tutorial and make a 'Joyous paper tree'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips