Friday, May 3, 2013

National Scrapbook Month Guest Designer Debbie Sherman


Craft Warehouse is celebrating National Scrapbook Day all month long! We have asked some of our favorite scrapbook designers to share with us what scrapbooking means to them!  Debbie Sherman has always loved paper crafting! When she is not working away in her studio creating stunning mixed media pieces, you can find her on her blog, Creatively Speaking.



Seen above, Bo Bunny Press Anthem Collection NEW coming to stores in mid May!

How long have you been scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking before it was really ever called scrapbooking...I was a young girl about 8.  I was always interested in taking photos and I could spend hours looking through all the photo albums my mother kept. My very first scrapbook was made in Brownies, I kept all the memorabilia and documented my badges.  I haven't stopped since, now I have taken in to a whole new level. To answer your question without giving away my age... it's been years!

What keeps you motivated to document your life?

My motivation comes from my long distance relationships with family and most importantly, my son and grand kids.  They live 500 miles from me and it's my way of watching them grow up. I want to leave my family roots with my son.  When I'm gone he will have a treasure to hand down to the generations.  I also like to document events that have happened in my love so that my grand children can see how life was/is.

What do you use the most to take photos with? Point and shoot, Digital SLR, or your Phone Camera?

I shoot most of my photos with a Canon EOS 50D, but I always have a camera with me. I keep a point and shoot in my purse and believe it or not rarely use my phone camera.  Every July my home town has an old west celebration and I am fortunate enough to obtain a press pass for that week. I have some fabulous photos of the rodeo, night show performers, fairgrounds, and parades.  I get some fabulous photos doing this and then I get to scrap them! The press sits in the middle of the arena in a dugout and it's a photographers dream...to get that special photo.  The photo on my layout is of a bull rider of a rodeo I was at. 

What is on your scrapbook table right now?

I'm so blessed to be guest designing for the Flying Unicorn in May so right now on my scrap table is all their beautiful May kits. It's loaded with Prima, 7 Dots, Crate, My Minds Eye, Gesso, flowers, flowers, flowers and several new bottles of Dylusions! Can't wait to play with this! 

What do you do to celebrate National Scrapbook Day?

National Scrapbook Day is a day of shopping for me...the reason being is I can't get anything done when I go to crops, so I shop for fun products instead. I do some scrapping but it's at home in my studio.  I'm usually working ahead on projects, or taking photos for a future project...yes sometimes I take photos with a scrapbook page in mind.:)

Join us for our National Scrapbooking Event, May 4-May 6th 2013 (Wenatchee is on May 18th)!  To help celebrate there will be in store giveaways, make and takes, and special sale prices!


You can also enter to win prizes the entire month of May on Instagram! This is how to play:

1. Take a photo in Instagram while you are in Craft Warehouse anytime during the month of May (no purchase necessary).

2. Tag your photo by typing "@craftwarehouse" and "#craftwarehouse" so we can see your photo!

3. Each time you post a photo between May 1st - May 30th and tag us, you can be entered to win prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips