Thursday, January 2, 2014

Designer Spotlight April Orr Project Life Design Team Member

Welcome April Orr, this month's Craft Warehouse Project Life Design Team Member! One thing that stood out about April is that her pages really focus on family and minimal supplies. She loves to use a simple piece of washi tape, letters stickers, and a piece of wooden veneer to embellish and that's it! We also love how she is not afraid to use her own handwriting! We know that is going to be special to her boys one day!

How long have you been crafting? 
I have loved creating things with paper for as long as I can remember. It was only a few years ago that I put the love of paper together with scrapbooking. Then, I discovered Project Life and it was love at first journal card. 
What inspires you to be creative? I love all things pretty paper and pen related. I am inspired by nature, my boys, by others' life stories, and mostly by everyday moments. I think washi tape can make everything better and wood veneers make me swoon. There is nothing like the fresh smell of crafty goodness in pretty paper wrapping. 
 What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use?
Project Life changed the way I keepsake my family's memories. Instead of collecting scrapbook supplies, I find myself USING them and putting words with our everyday moments. I am more inspired to carry my camera around and take pictures. Washi tape, wood veneers, and mini-alphas top my list of most used supplies.

 How can you encourage others reading this column? 
I am a mom, a teacher, a runner, a CrossFitter, a sister, a daughter, a wife, a friend...I wear many hats everyday, yet, feel most at home with adhesive and photos in my hand. It's my "me" time once the boys are in bed and my way of making sure I appreciate the little moments along the big ones. 

Tune in tomorrow, where April will blow you away with her Project Life tutorial using the Sunshine Core Kit! Make sure to visit April at her blog, Mom. Run. Craft, Pinterest, and Instagram for even more inspiration! 

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips