Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Pails make great bases for cone projects. Use glass gems to fill the bottom, or Lima beans the kids won't eat and cover the top with colored thread, or in this case excelsior basket filler.
3 - Medium Clear Pails (Arc-21)
3 - Medium Paper Mache Cones
3 - Styrofoam 2 7/8 x 5 7/8 Cones
3 - Styrofoam blocks cut to fit base
3 - Acrylic knobs (Yor-1794)
Authentic “Thrilling” paper collection
Tim Holtz Black Soot Distressed Ink
1 package of Decorative Excelsior
Wood dowel 7/16” x 36”
Black & White bakers twine
Fancy Pants Chalk Board stickers
Bistro Marker white & Chalk
Martha Stewart Score board
E6000 glue, glue gun & hold the foam glue
Black Acrylic paint & foam brush
1. Creating the Buckets: cut scrapbook paper into strips to fit the inside of the bucket (4.25” x12”)
place strip inside bucket, use a little glue gun to secure. You will need another piece of paper to fill
in (4.25” x 2”)
2. Cut paper flags to go around the top edge of the bucket. Cut paper strips (1.25”x1”) then cut the
bottom to make the flag shape.
3. Glue flag paper to the top of the bucket with glue gun.
4. Used Tim Holtz Distressed ink pad and dabber to distress the flags
5. Glue Styrofoam to the bottom for your bucket using “hold the foam” glue.
6. Creating the Cones: Cut the tops of each cone about .75” then paint all 3 cones black and wood
7. Glue acrylic knobs to the top of each cone with E6000 glue.
8. Wrap each cone with bakers twine and tie in a knot or bow.
9. Create 3 Rosettes using the Martha Stewart score board (to make cut 2 strips 2”x12” score them
every 3 notches) follow directions on the packaging.
10. Using the Bistro Marker write BOO on each chalk sticker. Rub chalk all over the cones & chalk
sticker then wipe down this will make your surface look like chalk board.
11. Add caulk board sticker to rosette then glue rosette to cones using glue gun.
12. Put Styrofoam cones in side paper cones then push wood dowel into Styrofoam and into the base
of your bucket.
13. Add Excelsior to the base of the bucket to cover up the foam.