Thursday, January 30, 2014

Craft Warehouse Design Team Member Staci Wendland


When I received Staci Wendland's application for our design team I was literally jumping up and down that she applied! Craft Warehouse is always looking for talented seamstresses to inspire our customers! Even better - she is local, which almost brought me to tears of joy! I can't wait for you to see what Staci has to share with you in her tutorial tomorrow, but before we get ahead of ourselves, read on and get to know a little bit about Staci...



 How long have you been crafting?

I have been crafting as long as I can remember, so at this point we're talking over 40 years!  Once I was married I thought I had outgrown it, so I got rid of almost all of my craft and sewing supplies.  A couple of years went by and I found myself really missing that creative outlet.  I let it back in and now it's taken over my life!


 What inspires you to be creative?

Inspiration can come from anywhere.  I've found it in the usual places, like nature, my family, the craft store or Pinterest.  But sometimes it comes from the not-so-ordinary, like a hardware store or something I was about to throw out.  One thing I've discovered over the years though - I can't chase it.  When it happens, it happens.



 What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use?

I'm about to sound like a commercial, but I've loved Craft Warehouse since they first opened their store in Gresham!  I have a craft room full of things I've found there.  There is no department I haven't made a purchase from, but I'd say if I had to visit only one it would be fabrics.  They're constantly changing and it's fun to see what's new.

How can you encourage others reading this column?

Start simple.  Find something you feel you can do and start with that.  Invite a friend to join you.  Don't be lured in by a complicated craft if you're just starting out because that can lead to frustration.  As much as I love Pinterest, sometimes it does new crafters a disservice by downplaying the complexity of some of the most popular pins.  You can get there, but aim for some small successes first.  It's such a satisfying experience to know you made something with your own hands that you can use and enjoy.

Make sure to join Staci again tomorrow as she shares a lovely handmade item just by using one yard of fabric! In the meantime, you can get even more inspiration from her blog, etsy shop, and Pinterest page! You can also follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips