Thursday, February 12, 2015

Craft Warehouse Guest Design Team Member McCall Clifford


Welcome local artist McCall Clifford! We LOVE McCall's DIY spirit! She loves to create anything special whether it is for her home, children in her life, or as a great gift! This month we are featuring DIY projects on our blog and thought McCall fit the definition perfectly! Here is what inspires her to be creative... 


I've been crafting since childhood. Arts became my way of life. I took all sorts of art and performing art classes and continue to.  I am currently working towards an art therapy major and minor in art education. Clearly I'm an art nut.

Arts and crafts has personally enriched my life in so many ways. It has helped me find relief from stress, improved my self esteem, and has helped me battle through a tough case of anxiety and depression through the years. Arts and crafts really is my therapy. Not completely free but a lot cheaper, and a lot more fun. ;)



I currently work as an art teacher at my local Boys and Girls Club here in Kennewick, Washington and I love every minute of it.

The children I work with really are the ones who inspire much of my creativity. I love watching kids try their hardest at art and craft projects and seeing them improve. I love to see their eyes light up when they finish and feel great about what they've created. I am also very inspired by color. I LOVE bright and fun colors. (as you can see on my blog. ha.)


I could go on for days about all the awesome products at Craft Warehouse I've purchased. To name a few.... my personal favorites are: The wooden coaster tiles (for my wall scrabble craft), Jelly Pens/ black markers for my doodles, fabric sales are amazing, and the variety of kid art activities/booklets that I give out for prizes to my work kiddos. I love it all.



It's not about how good you are at arts and crafts, its about taking and enjoying the time for yourself to create.

One of my favorite quotes: "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul" -Dieter F Uchtdorf

Seriously, those Zentangle shoes!!! Make sure you come back for McCall's "Frozen" DIY project she made tomorrow! You won't want to miss it! In the meantime be inspired some more on her blog, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest feeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips