Nothing says summer like red, white, and blue! Create a charming table runner with our classic ticking stripe woven canvas! Here are the directions how!
½ yard EACH of: red ticking fabric, backing fabric and fusible batting
2 fat quarters - one red, one blue OR ¼ yard of each color
¼ yard of Heat ‘n Bond Ultra Fusible Web*
2 packages of Wrights Extra Wide Double Fold Bias Tape in navy blue
Frixion pen and 505 Spray are helpful optional items
1. Fuse the batting to the backing fabric according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Set aside.
2. Trace the number of stars desired onto Heat ‘n Bond. Make a few larger and smaller than the one below.
3. Following Heat ‘n Bond directions, fuse the stars onto the fat quarters. Cut out when cool. Set aside.
4. Layer the ticking on top of the backing and batting. Pin together and quilt as desired. I like to spray the top of the batting with 505 Spray and then place the ticking on top of the backing and batting eliminating the need to pin.
5. Trim so all 3 layers are the same size, approximately 18” x 42”.
6. Quilt as desired. I drew quilting lines onto the ticking fabric with a Frixion pen. The lines disappear with the heat of an iron when I’m finished quilting.
7. Place the stars in desired pattern onto the quilted runner. Fuse in place.*
8. Bind with bias tape.
*Option: Use Heat ‘n Bond Lite and appliqué the stars in place.
** 30% off Cotton Woven Ticking Stripe Canvas (reg $8.99 a yard) until May 25th, 2015