Monday, January 2, 2012

Art Layout by Design Team Member Michelle Wofford

Hi everyone, design team member Michelle here today to share one of my favorite layouts with you.

I have a favorite picture of my Aunt and I taken in San Francisco years ago that I knew it would work great with this unique color combination.


I started out with yellow cardstock for the base and spritzed it with a bit of orange Tattered Angels glimmer mist.  The papers I used are from the 6x6 pad of My Minds Eye's Lime Twist collection.  Because the background of the picture is busy I chose bright subtle patterns to accent it.  Tip: If you don't have a circle cutter trace a round object about the size that you want your circle then hand cut the circle.



I used simple accents like zippers, embroidery floss and the clear rubber piece in the top right corner.  These add dimension and interest without taking away from the photo.

The zippers are from Indygo Junction and are available at your local Craft Warehouse as well as embroidery floss.  Create a similar clear accent using glossy accents or a small acrylic stamp (check the dollar bins).

To get the look with the floss seperate individual strands and play with them until you get your desired look.

Thanks for looking

~ Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Love the fun bright colors on this layout...and the whimsical embroidery floss and zippers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips