This was so much fun to recreate! I was inspired by our post a couple weeks ago from The Scraps Shoppe Blog. I used chalkboard paint on the lid. Then used one of my favorite items, Tombow hook and loop velcro. It holds really well and allows you to remove the clipboard and metal sheets and you have a chalkboard!
Here is a close up of some of the materials I used....
- Wood luggage box (Sch-323)
- Drill & drill bit
- 2 - Woodie dowel sticks 3/8"x36" (cut into 4 - 14.5" long)
- 8 - Lara Crafts 1 1/8" Acorn dowel cap with 3/8" hole (11043)
- Americana acrylic paint "Sea Glass"
- FolkArt Chalkboard Paint
- White Chalk
- Clip board (dib/10)
- 2 - magnetic 4x4 squares
- Crazy Tackz or push pin
- TomBow hook and loop velcro tabs
- Pioneer embellishment glue stick
- Cut each dowel to 14.5" long
- Drill 4 holes in each side of the wood suitcase
- Paint dowel, rod and suitcase with arcylic paint
- Once paint is dry, tape off and paint the inside lid with Chalkboard Paint
- Let chalk paint dry for 3-4 hours
- Decorate the clipboard using scrapbook paper and Pioneer embelishment glue stick
- After chalkboard is dry rub white chalk all over the board and wipe off extra chalk (this preps your chalkboard)
- One all chalk is removed use Tombow hook and loop to adhear clipboard and metal squares to the inside lid of your luggage.
- Finaly add the Crazy Tackz to the side to hold your scissors and add your ribbon and washi tape!
American Crafts ribbon and twine are on sale for $10 (reg. $19.93) until February 24th, 2013. One of these ribbon packages fits on one dowel rod!