- 36 Round Gemstone beads 4MM
- 3 10MM Joy Antique Silver Tierra Cast Beads
- 6 Small Turkish Tierra Cast Beads
- 1 tube Delica 11/0 Seed Beads
- 1 Czech Rosette Tierra Cast Button
- 4 colors of TEX210 C-Lon cording (I used Lavender, Pink, Maroon, and Dk. Purple)
- Foam core board and T-pins / or Clip board to attach the bracelet to while working.
Directions:**Reference the Knotting Terms, Definitions and Abbreviations sheet with this project sheet.**
- Begin by measuring your C-Lon cording, you will need to cut 2 lengths per color that are 80 inches long each.
- Thread one end of each cord through the button shank and center in half, clip button underneath you’re the clip of your clip board.
- Arrange your threads so that they are a mirror image of each other, with the same color thread next to each other as follows: Lavender, Lavender, pink, pink, Dk. purple, Dk. purple, maroon, maroon, (center), maroon, maroon, Dk. purple, Dk. purple, pink, pink, lavender, lavender.
- Once you have all of the strands arranged, you can begin the knot tying. You will now begin tying your forward knots (F), and working toward the center strands. Once you have gotten to the center, stop, and begin working from the right tying the backward knot (B). Then once you have gotten to the center you will need to tie a forward backward knot (FB), with the two cords to complete the first row. This will in the next few passes create a chevron pattern.
- Repeat step 4.) with the next threads again starting from the left, and working toward center, then working from right toward center, and tying together at center. Repeat this until you have 6 rows of color in a chevron pattern (aprox. 1inch long).
- Using only the center four threads, load small Turkish bead onto the centermost two threads, then tie a SK around the FC to lock in the bead. Slide a 10MM Joy bead onto the two the center most threads, and tie another SK around the FC, then load another small Turkish bead and tie another SK.
- Now section off the next three closest threads to the left of the center. Load a 4MM round bead onto the center or filler thread. Load the strand closest to the center with three Delica seed beads, and the thread closer to the outside with 5 Delica seed beads, tie a SK around the filler cord locking in the 4MM bead. Now tie 5 square knots and then load a 4MM round, three Delica’s on center most cord, and 5 Delica’s on the outer cord, tie a half square knot to hold in place.
- Repeat Step 7.) Next with the three cords to the right of center section you just tied.
- For the outer sections of beads (left), you will be using the three strands closest to the outside, and threading 5 of the 4MM round beads onto the center cord (tie a temporary knot at the end of the thread to keep them from falling off), load 5 Delica seed beads on the outer working cord, and three Delica seed beads on the inner working cord, tie a square knot to lock in the first 4MM bead. Do this portion of the step five times (because you are always loading three on the inside and 5 on the outside this section will curve towards the middle.
- Repeat step 9.) To create the outer section of beads (right).
- Start at the center (untie the half square knot so that you continue with the same chevron pattern as you started), and begin with a FB in the middle, continue to the left tying a B row of knots until you reach the outside of the bracelet. From center knot to the right begin tying a F row of knots until you reach the outside of the bracelet. This will be forming the reverse chevron pattern you began with. Continue in the same manner to form two rows of color.
- Once you have the two full rows of color, continue tying knots from center towards the outside, stopping short of the last thread each time, until you have come to a point at which you will need to tie FB knot.
- Repeat steps 6.)-10.) To create another section of beads, that matches the first.
- Repeat steps 10.)+ 11.) To create another small diamond shape of knotted bracelet.
- Repeat steps 6.)-10.) Once again to create the third and last section of beads.
- Repeat steps 10.)+11.) But rather than two rows of color, create 6 rows of color.
- To create the button holes. Divide strands in half at the center, using the threads on the right side, tie a square knot using the outer two threads and the inner two threads, around the filler threads in the center. Tie 5-8 SK’s, or enough to fit your button’s diameter. Repeat on the other side to match.
- Now with the two outer most strands of each side tie a SK around all of the other threads, tie 3 SK’s, then repeat step 17.), then 18.) , then 17.) , again to create three button holes. Rather and tie more square knots at the end tie an over hand knot to finish. Trim off remaining thread to 1CM.