Craft Warehouse stores! I have been making bracelets with this book for two months now, just waiting for it to arrive in stores and you are going to LOVE it!
Not only are the projects perfect for beginners, but you can customize every pattern and even advanced bracelet makers can have a good time!
I used one of the patterns in the book to create a Frozen inspired bracelet using our snowflake charms!
I love this book! There are few tips and tricks I wanted to share with you before you grab it and head home to start making bracelets.
1. You do not need a loom! Two loom hooks are perfect to get started. One to work on and the other to use to slip stitches off and on again when needed. I love a long crochet hook so I can get more stitches on my hook, but it isn't necessary.
2. Grab some Locking Stitch Markers! These little hooks help hold each motif and design in place while you start another. It saved me so many unraveled bracelets! I love using them!
3. Switch your working end! The patterns in this book use double sided crochet hooks. I chose to just use my own single hook. It works just fine until I want to finish a motif or design and I have to remove 10 bands from a non hooked working end. No problem! Just switch the hook around and remove the motif just the same!
This Frozen inspired bracelet is using the "Full Shell" pattern on page 32. Here is how I created it.
Purple - 10 Bands (for each motif design)
Blue - 10 Bands (for each motif design)
C or S hook
4 Jump Rings
4 Snowflake Charms
Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue
Locking Stitch Markers
Hooked on Rubber Band Jewelry Book
1. Follow the directions on page 32 to create your first motif in blue.
2. Place a locking stitch marker in the two bands left on the hook. Snap closed. Leave the bands on the hook to begin again using purple bands.
3. Continue your pattern until the bracelet fits your wrist. Attache a C or S clip at the end.
4. Use Stickles Glitter Glue on the snowflake charms. Crystal looks greenish when applied but it actually dries crystal white.
5. Let the glitter dry for a couple of hours. Then flip the charm and do the backside too.
6. When dry, hang the charms from your bracelet with jump rings!
* Loom Bands 3 for $5 (reg $2.99) and entire stock of Value Packaged Findings and Charms Buy one, get one free until September 21st, 2014