Friday, September 12, 2014
Welcome back to another featured project from our Meridian Craft Warehouse Employee Design Team Contest! Becca Glos wows us with a Halloween Chimney that she created using our unfinished Advent Calendar by Kaiser Crafts! Here are her instructions, so you can create your own!
Kaiser Craft Chimney Advent Calendar
Delta Acrylic Paint: Black
Elmers Wood Glue
Graphic 45: An Erie Tale Paper
Run & Hide
2 packages of 3/8” Bird Buttons (LAR10027)
Wood Squares to make books – LARU.10054 & LAR10721
Tim Holtz: Wishbones TH93071
Mod Podge Matte finish
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad: Black Soot and foam applicator tool
Darice Skull Necklace DAR3112-376
Darice Mini Pumpkin Basket JCD1995-21
1. Put Chimney together using Elmer's wood glue. Paint black after completely dry.
2. Put chipboard boxes together with Mod Podge and small brush.
3. Cut Graphic 45 to fit backside (without finger hole) chipboard boxes. Ink edges of paper with distress ink and glue to chipboard boxes using Mod Podge.
4. Paint buttons black and adhere to chipboard boxes with E6000 when dry.
5. Cover Lauras Wood squares with scraps of paper to look like books. Add titles with pen.
6. Remove elastic string from skull necklace and glue skulls together in a pile. After dry glue pile inside fireplace.
7. Glue books, pumpkin basket and wishbones in place with E600.