Welcome to our blog video series called Back 2 Basics!
Let's face it, we are busy. We don't always have two hours to spend on a layout or project. Back 2 Basics will help teach those that either want to learn how to scrapbook or want quick and fast tips to help you get your project done in 30 minutes or less! Each video in the series will be less than 5 minutes long; which gives us more time to create and less time in front of the computer!
Today we have a Smash Book page to share with you! If you are new to Smash books or want to know what they are, check out this thread on our forum with the video on what it is to even more inspiration!
Here is the supply shopping list. Feel free to drag this to your desktop and print it off for your shopping trip to Craft Warehouse.
2. Cut your paper 3" x 9" inches and tuck it under the magazine clipping (or photos).
3. Make tags or journaling cards from dies. I used Spellbinders' Labels Four and paper from the Smash pads. Layer them in the bottom right hand corner and add a paper clip. Then glue on a mini envelope from Studio Calico on the top tag.
4. Use Spellbinder's Blossom die by Samantha Walker and glue it down behind the tags, making sure it peeks out from the top. You can use all these journaling spots to write notes on.
5. Cut out your paper to look like Polaroids and use foam squares to add lift.
6. Place the "Take Note" badge on the corner of one of the Polaroids.
7. Add Smash tape. Cut the end of the red Smash tape to make it look like a flag.
8. Use a "Make It" Smash tag to add to the top Polaroid.
9. Glue a Smash clip to the top of the page. This makes sure it doesn't fall off while traveling with your book.
10. Color your Studio Calico Wooden Veneers with a American Crafts Slick Writer pen. This pen will make coloring these shapes fast and easy! Use a paper piercer to hold the shape still while you color. The pen also will not smear on your pages. Glue them down on your page. I like to keep them in odd numbers.
11. Glue a bracket down from American Crafts' Thickers alphabet stickers. Also, collect the periods from the package and glue them randomly around the star veneers.
Watch the video tutorial below! Enlarge and click on high definition to watch it in the quality it was shot in.