Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Handmade Wooden Block Calendar by Guest Designer Rebecca Grinder


After making this, I couldn't help but pick up several more of these wooden block calendars at my local Craft Warehouse! It was so easy that I started to give them away as gifts! All I needed was a plain wooden block calendar and a great paper collection, like Fancy Pants Designs' Park Bench!


1. I started the project by misting the wood, which saved time. You could also spray paint it too! Acrylic paint with a foam brush would also work but I like how spraying the wood let me get to the decorating part faster!

2. I then started covering the blocks with paper and letter/number stickers.

3. Using a piece of light weight cardboard (a cereal box will do) I traced a bracket shape and cut it out. I covered the front and back with patterned paper and glued it to the back of the wooden calendar so that 3/4 of it showed in the front.

4. Then, I decorated the front of the bracket with paper, stickers, and a felt flower. I took an office clip and added a photo! On the back I clipped additional photos so I can change them out as I wish!

Rebecca Grinder is on our 2012-2013 Craft Warehouse Guest Design Team! Do you have a great idea to share with us? Would you like to design for Craft Warehouse? We would love to hear from you! To apply for our Craft Warehouse 2013-2014 Design Team, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips