Thursday, August 7, 2014
College Week! 1 Hour Fleece Blanket
It's time to hang up our flip flops and get back to school! This week we will have fun ideas that are perfect for Dorm Room Decor! Even if it's only home for a short time, make your space one of a kind! These quick and easy projects will help make that space fit you! Fleece will not fray when cut making fleece blanket an ideal quick, no sew gift!
Dimensions Approx. 58” x 58”
1 2/3 yards of 2 (two) Coordinating Fleece Print and/or solid fabric.
Sharp Fabric Scissors or Pinking Sheers—or– Rotary Cutter, Mat and Ruler.
Quilting or Safety Pins
1. Lay one piece of fabric on your work surface with WRONG side up and selvedges on the right and left. Lay the second piece of fabric RIGHT side up on top of the first with the selvedges on the top and bottom. This will stabilize your blanket.
2. Remove selvedges and trim fabric to measure 58 inches square. Use a few pins to hold the pieces together.
3. Place Masking tape on all sides of the top piece of fleece, four inches inside from the edge.
4. Cut fringe at one inch spacing, using the masking tape as a guide for stopping. You may use scissors, pinking shears or your rotary cutter and mat.
Tie the top and bottom layers together by knotting at each fringe cut. At each corner, cross over the fringe so the bottom layer right ties to the top layer left, etc.
The same technique can be used to make a matching pillow! Then same technique for measuring and cutting can be used to make an easy single layer blanket!
* 30% off regular College Fleece prices (reg $13.99 per yard) until August 24th, 2014