Today we are featuring another project from a member of our Vancouver store Employee Design Team! This project is stunning! It is amazing how easy you can use a plain unfinished wooden craft frame and transform it into a distressed piece of art! Once you are finished painting, you can add Tim Holtz pieces to add that Old World charm!
(Project by Dianne from our Vancouver Store)
Reminisce 12x12 World Map
Sierra Pacific 12x12 craft frame
3 1” foam brushes
Americana Acrylic paint-Mocha, Burnt Umber, Avocado
American Crafts Elements pearl brads
Making Memories sanding block
Tim Holtz - Time Pieces, Compass Coins, Corners, Remnant Rubs-Words
Creative Co-op keys
1. Use a dry brush and long strokes to paint the frame alternating between Mocha and Avocado. Let it dry. (It should look a little bit like camo.)
2. Paint over the Mocha and Avocado coat with Burnt Umber.
3. Use the sanding block to distress the paint so some of the Mocha and Avocado show.
4. Put 1 of the brads through each of the 4 holes in the hook. Glue the hook to the bottom edge of the frame using E-6000.
5. Glue the corners in place.
6. Place a cluster of timepieces on one corner and a cluster of compasses on the opposite corner and glue in place.
7. Put the map in the frame.
8. Chose a section of the rub-on words and place in the middle of the glass on the outside.