Thursday, August 28, 2014
We are back featuring our Meridian Craft Warehouse Employee Design Team Contest winner, Ashlee Pelletier! Ashlee sure can make her Zentangle art shine! She says it is really relaxing and quite easy to do! Anyone can do it; you don't need to know how to draw to doodle!
11x14 Piece of Mat Board (or other stiff drawing material)
Selection of Stablio Fineliner Pens
Pencil and Eraser
One "Life is a Great Big Canvas" Decorating Your Life Vinyl
1. With your pencil, divide your mat board into six sections. Do this free handed and allow your lines to flow naturally and your spaces to be uneven.
2. At the intersections of your lines, draw paint splats in various sizes, Draw these in pencil, then trace over in pen.
3. Using the pencil lines as guides, fill in each of the six sections with different Zentangle patterns. Look for Zentagle books to use as inspiration in our stores. Don't be afraid to freehand these patterns in pen.
4. Erase all of the pencil marks and guides.
5. Frame your sentangle art and clean the glass thoroughly.
6. Apply the vinyl, according to package directions, centered on the glass.
Enjoy your hand-drawn wall art!
To learn more about Zentangle Art, check out our previous posts here , here, and here.