This fleece hat is fun, fast and super easy to make! Because fleece is so wide you will get 2 or 3 hats out of this much fabric, depending on the size of your head.
You will need:
2/3 yard of fleece
· Tape measure to measure the circumference of your head
· Sewing machine with thread to match your project
1. Cut a piece of fleece the circumference of your head by 24”. For example, my head measured 22”, so I cut my fabric 22” going across the width of the fabric and 24” high.
2. Pin the 24” sides together creating a tube, with the right sides together of the fabric inside.
3. Sew the tube together using a zig zag stitch and a ½” seam allowance. If your fabric has a design, make sure it’s going to be right side up before the next step.
4. Fold 4” of the tube up creating a cuff, matching the side seam. Pin in a few places and zig zag stitch the cut or top edge of this cuff in place, stretching it ever so slightly as you sew. Place the cuff away from you.
5. Every half inch, cut down 4”- 6” to create the fringed top. Turn your hat right side out. Center the seam in back. Tightly tie the fringe together with a piece of fleece, ribbon, or yarn cut 10” x ½”.
GO SEAHAWKS!! To get directions for these 12 Man Mittens and Scarf visit our Learning Center at our website here!
* SeaHawks printed fleece $15.99 a yard until November 27th, 2014