10” square of fabric
10” square of fusible fleece, I like the Pellon brand the best
Polyester fiber fill
1½”-2” x 12” piece of ribbon or fabric
1. Following the manufacturer’s directions, fuse the fleece to the wrong side of the fabric.
2. Quilt as desired.
3. Cut square in half on the diagonal.
4. With wrong sides together, using a ¼” seam allowance, sew the 2 halves together leaving a 2” opening on the long side of the triangle.
5. Clip the corners off close to your stitching and turn right side out, poking the points out with a pencil or bamboo skewer.
6. Fill with polyester fiber fill and lavender or your favorite potpourri for a sachet. Fill with cedar shavings, walnut shells or rice for a pincushion. Push the filling into the bottom corner but don’t put much filling in the 2 ends that you will be joining on the top. If you want some weight on the bottom, you can begin filling the heart with poly pellets.
8. Tie with fabric or ribbon to cover your overlapping ends.