Saturday, December 31, 2011

Joy Card by Design Team Member Steffanie Seiler

Hi! Steffanie here. I know, the holidays are over. But just in case you want to get a head start for next year, I have one of my favorite cards to share. This is made with American Crafts Dear Lizzy's Christmas collection from last year, but you could easily substitute your favorite collection for this basic card.








It's a standard size, 4.25 x 5.5 inches.

I make card fronts and then attach them to purchased white or cream cards that come packaged with envelopes. I do this so that when I'm using a dark color for the base (in this case I used gray), I don't have to worry about my writing on the inside of the card not showing because it's too dark. Know what I mean?

So I started by cutting my card base to the above measurements and adhering to the pre-made card. I then cut a lengthwise piece of the stocking paper to 2.5 x 5.5 in. and adhered it to the left side, aligning the edges. The rose colored piece is 1.5 x 4.5 in. The border piece is also 4.5 in. I used one of my all time favorite border punches, Fiskars Threading Water.

After adhering the rose piece to the border strip, determine where you want to place it on the card and adhere again. I like to do things a little off-center. This tends to be more pleasing to the eye. I then added a pre-made embellishment from the same collection to the bottom of the rose strip with border. You could make an embellishment with a large punch or die-cut and then add letters, pretty brads, flowers or whatever you like instead.

Be sure to pop-it up with some dimensional adhesive for added interest. The finishing touch is hand drawing some stitch lines with a white pen.

There you have it! Thanks for letting me share my favorite holiday card with you!

1 comment:

  1. Cute and simple idea Steff...I really love this card...especially the gray!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips