Friday, June 22, 2012

Distress Markers Tutorial


I am thrilled to be doing a Designer Spotlight for Craft Warehouse!!! When Craft Warehouse approached me, they knew that my passion begins and ends with coloring so it was only natural for me to try out the all new Tim Holtz Distress Markers


As soon as I got them, I couldn't wait to start playing around and trying out different techniques. I ended up using two over and over that I wanted to share with you today. The first one is stamping with black ink on watercolor paper and using the markers to color in the black and white image. 



This really takes no time at all and I love the free flowing effect from watercoloring. You don't have to worry about getting outside the lines because that just adds character to your finished project.



The 2nd technique is one that I haven't tried before but really ended up loving. In this technique, you actually color the stamp BEFORE you stamp it! This is really cool for flowers, etc. because you can paint the petals one color and the stem/leaves another then stamp it on your paper for a really unique look. You can keep it as is, or take it a step further and draw out the color from the line art that you stamped to create a beautifully hand painted look just by using your markers and stamps! 
I also created a video tutorial for  you so you can see how easy and fast both these techniques are to do yourself! I hope you will enjoy:


Thank you SO much Craft Warehouse for giving me this AMAZING opportunity to do this designer spotlight for you. It was a pleasure and now I have a new medium to create stunning effects with color! 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous tutorial, Carisa!! Can't wait to get some Tim Holtz distress markers and give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job Carisa! Love this tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love the tutorial! love the beautiful stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips