Wednesday, June 20, 2012

DIY Dish Towel Tutorial by Hardly Housewives


Welcome guest designers, Caitlin and Jaisa from Hardly Housewives. They are here to share a simple dish towel tutorial.

Here's another beginner's sewing project & another personalized gift idea.  I used my sewing machine for this but you could hand stitch these if you had some time while watching a movie or something.  It was easy peasy... I started with white dishtowels & strips of fabric.  I chose a few different red patterns since these were for my dad and red is his favorite color...


First of all, it's important to wash and dry everything before sewing so everything is pre-shrunk when you start sewing.

I pinned a strip of fabric across the dishtowels and sewed straight lines along the seams...


...and turned along the corners to sew the entire rectangle on...




I couldn't believe how easy these were to make and I love them!  I think they'd be a great bridal shower or housewarming gift!

Make sure to visit Hardly Housewives at their blog, on Facebook, or Twitter!

1 comment:

  1. This is what I wanted to have for my next tradeshow gift ,thank you very much for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips