Thursday, July 19, 2012

Guest Designer Lizzie Oakley



Welcome today's guest designer, Lizzie Oakley! Lizzie loves to , stamp, color (her favorite medium is watercolor), scrapbook, knit, and sew!

How long have you been crafting?

I have always been a crafter.  One of my favorite things to do when I was a kiddo was to go to Fred's with my granny and pick out a new craft for me to work on for the week.  She was a knitter and I believe that she sewed as well.  She loved to bake and cook and I loved being with her.  I was only with her for summers and it was the best time of my childhood.  It's safe to say that I have always been a crafter and it's totally because of my granny!

What inspires you to be creative?

 I am the most creative when I am alone.  In ways I think I get sensory overload with Pinterest and Facebook.  Even the crafty magazines make me go crazy!  I find that I will compare my work to those I see online or in print and then end up hating what I do.  So when I feel the itch to make something, I turn off the computer, put the phone on silent and just let it flow!

What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use?

I love crafting!  Pretty much any product that works it way into my hands I'm going to love.  I do love stamping and coloring

How can you encourage others reading this column?

Be yourself and never give up on you.  As crafters we are always comparing what we do with others.  We love the inspiration from other projects but all too often look at our own and think it's not as good.  It is!  You are you and you can only do the best that comes from your heart.  So don't get frustrated and keep up the great work!

Visit Lizzie's blog, Oh Snap, Lizzie and her Facebook page! Make sure you come back tomorrow to see her step by step art journaling tutorial!




Do you love scrapbooking, card making, stamping, jewelry making, paper crafts, quilting, or fiber arts? We would love to invite you to submit photos of an original project, telling us something about it. If your project is picked, you and your artwork could be featured on the Craft Warehouse blog for our new Designer Spotlight column! Click here to see how to apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips