Thursday, December 19, 2013

Craft Warehouse Project Life Design Team Member April Joy Hill


When we saw April Joy Hill's pages, we knew this girl was fun! She has such an out going personality and it shows and we knew that April Joy would share a bit of that spunk with us! Here is what inspires her to create!

How long have you been crafting?

I've been scrapbooking on and off since I was in high school (about ~12 years ago, whoa!).  I fell in love with the hobby when they opened a scrapbooking store near my house, but college (and just life as a young adult in general) got in the way and I didn't keep up.  For a long time between college and now, I'd dabble with paper every so often and it would spark that love I had, but then would eventually die down again.


It wasn't until I discovered Project Life in late 2011 that I really got interested again and actually stayed interested.  I immediately fell in love with the concept of Project Life, so I attempted it in 2012.  Unfortunately, it was a huge failure on my end, but I think I needed that failure to push me this year.  Failing to have that year documented in album form helped me realize how important it actually is to me that I have these years documented and it's been the motivation that I've needed to keep continuing with it.


What inspires you to be creative?

I am mostly inspired by other creative people that I find online and on Instagram.  It's truly amazing what other people are capable of and I love the push it gives me to try to create something just as pretty!

What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use?

I love that Craft Warehouse carries all the popular scrapbooking brands that you would typically have to purchase online and that they carry the full line of all the Becky Higgins Project Life core kits and products!  It's so convenient!


How can you encourage others reading this column?

This may sound funny to say, but I am a lazy scrapbooker.  I don't like pulling out machines or crazy tools to complete a page/spread (it's the cleaning up after myself once I'm done that I dislike).  I am also the epitome of "out of sight, out of mind," so if I don't see something in front of me - I won't use it.  Since I'm like this,  it forces me to improvise with what I have and to use what I have!  I think that's important for others to know.  I'd love to encourage others (especially newbie scrapbookers) to not get discouraged from what they see from others, and instead, get inspired to make it your own with what you have because those end up being the best scrapbooking pages!

Make sure to hop on to April Joy Hill's blog and follow her on Instagram! Come on back to the blog tomorrow for April Joy's Project Life tutorial! You will learn some awesome tips and tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips