Sunday, March 20, 2011

Make a memo board




A fun and easy project!  Here's what you need to make yourself a 12x12 memo board!

Product you'll need...

  • 12x12 frame
  • A fat quarter and extra fabric for magnet buttons (you'll use with your I-Top)
  • 12x12 metal sheet
  • Rick Rack or trim (optional)
  • I-Top and I-Top magnetic buttons
  • Glue Gun
  • Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue
Starting off, iron your fat quarter


Take your 12x12 metal sheet and center it...leave some room around the edges to glue gun the fabric to the sheet.  Pull it tight.

Pop in your frame, and remove the metal glass
Optional...use rick rack trim around the edges (or the trim of your choice).  Glue down using Beacon's 3 in 1.  It's good stuff.

Cut circles for your I-Top (this is for the magnetic fabric buttons).  I used a medicine bottle...use whatever fabric you wish.  You want to make sure your circle is large enough so that when you use the I-Top, it won't pucker and leaves a clean finish.  My circles are about 2 inches wide.
Get your I-Top Out along with the magnetic button shells, and start creating buttons.
You don't have to use fabric buttons, but I think they look so cute.  I also used the Sizzix Big Shot Machine and created this cute felt heart.  I just put a magnet on the back and was able to use it.


As you can see, it's super easy and you can put your own spin on this project.  Good thing I have two of these now!  One is staying with me while the other is going to be a birthday gift for my wonderful sister-in-law Emy!

2 comments:

  1. So cute and so many options! This would make a great addition as a mini bulletin board of sorts for dorm rooms which are so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out really cute and looks fairly simple to make. I'd love one just like this in my home!! (always a good reminder to call your sister too )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips