Sunday, May 22, 2011

Scrapbooking Blog Party: Out of the Ordinary

Hi friends! Jennifer here again and I just finished eating a cupcake with cream cheese frosting  just to get into the party mood. Yum... wanna come over and have some with me?

I can't help it. I love getting my hands dirty and sticky when I create! It's even better when they are stained with paint. Thinking outside the box helps me to stretch my creativity when I am unsure what to do on my next layout. I love using items out of the ordinary.

Here are a few examples:



I love using zippers! You can unzip the zipper half way down and let other things peek through. Here is a page from a mini book I created for Craft Warehouse with Pink Paislee's Daily Junk line. Plus, there are so many colors to choose from! Your quilting section of Craft Warehouse has loads of colors to choose from. 


Thread comes in all colors! Why not use it as an embellishment on a page? Note, when using thread it can get everywhere I may not want it. I usually use gel medium to adhere it and then I leave it alone to dry. I have been known to use a hot glue gun to get it under control too. ;)


I can't help but look for acrylic sheets to add to my albums. This one is by Fancy Pants Designs but I am now using my Big Shot by Sizzix to create see through pages. I love to be able to see through to the next page in my albums.

Found vintage treasures. You name it and I will put it on a page. ;) 

That's the challenge. Find something that you wouldn't normally use on a page like zippers, spray paint, tickets, ribbon, tags, scrabble tiles, thread, game pieces, or silk flowers. Then create a page or paper project with it!

Just for fun, comment and tell me your favorite "out of the ordinary" item that you have used. I would love to hear about it!

Remember, you can still enter the challenges below until Tuesday at midnight, PST!

4 comments:

  1. very unique and different - thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of zippers! They are definitley on my to-try list! I can't say that I've used anything that unusual---smashed bottle caps, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips