Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mix media memory keeper







Why put your family picture in a frame when you can create a home for it?






I started out with a simple 8x8 pine box and painted it black with acyclic paint.





Then I took sand paper and distressed the edges.












I added an antique handle that we just received in scrap booking by Tim Holtz.




I love these curio knobs! I'm putting them on everything.










To make the "our" pendant. I cut 6 pendants and then sewed them together so that the fabric is double sided. Then I stenciled on the letters using Tim Holtz Distressed Ink. I also distressed the pendents. Next I spray painted the mini clothespins in black. Using jute twine and tacks I tacked up the pendant. Brads were placed in each corner of the photo and glued into the box.

On this side of the box I cut a piece of burlap 71/2" x 71/2" when I used the Tattered Angels spray (Jazz Blue) to give it the bright blue color.



After the burlap dried I added 4 black brads to each corner and glue it into the box using E6000 glue. I used Thickers stickers to spell out nest and glued my nest in with E6000.










There you have it a home for you treasured photo!









2 comments:

  1. This is just lovely Sarah! I am totally loving the modern look it gives by painting it black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project Sarah...thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips