Authors can have “writers block”. Scrappers can have “creative blocks”. Whether you are new to the hobby or you are a seasoned paper crafter, sketches are great tools to help guide you in designing a layout or card.
Here is my layout using the sketch above. Featuring product by Echo Park’s For the Record Line, American Crafts Thickers, Making Memories Glitter Alpha Stickers, Fiskars Scalloped Lace Border Punch, Prima flower and rhinestones, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, pictures taken on my Android phone and edited using Photoshop and LightRoom.
A Life Interupted by Rebecca Grinder
Are you a card maker? Check out my take on the sketch but in miniature!
Featuring Hero Arts stamps
Crafty Tip: What do you do with your scraps left over from your paper craft project? Instead of throwing those scraps out, here are some resourceful tips!
1. Right then and there make a card using left over scraps and embellishments. Even simpler, use the same sketch you used on your layout for your card. The design work is done for you!
2. Since all the scraps usually coordinate, I like to put together a bag with a few extra doo-dads and make mini page kits. I usually send them to my Mom who lives out of state. Do you have a friend you scrap with or who scraps but lives far away? Give them a mini kit! I bet they would love a random act of kindness.
3. Gather your scraps together and give them to a scrapbooker in the making! Instead of throwing away my 12x12 poly bags, I use them to hold scraps and bits for a friend of mine’s little girl. She’s an artist in the making and loves to make cards!
So, are you up to taking on A Sketch Challenge? If so, some lucky winner will enjoy this amazing My Mind's Eye Lush prize package! Check out the details below!
LUSH – GREEN COLLECTION PRIZE PACKAGE
From My Minds Eye, 9 pattern papers – 4 of them with flocking!
3 chipboard alphabets- 1 of them with flocking!
1 rhinestone brad package
1 ribbon package
Retail value over $25.00
Join in the party this weekend by entering into this challenge’s giveaway! It is super easy to play along.
• All you need to do is take the Sketch Challenge! Create a layout or card using the above sketch. Remember that a sketch helps a paper crafter work out the general design or composition of a layout.
• Upload your project to your blog, click on the title of the post, copy the URL, and paste it to the Mr. Linky below.
• Tell your blog readers that you have created your project for Craft Warehouse’s Blog Party and link it back to this post to encourage your friends to play!
• If you don’t have a blog, upload your project to Flickr. Photobucket, or another public online source. Copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
• Remember if you don’t want to upload a project, you can still enter to win this photography giveaway. All you need to do is comment, become a follower of this blog, follow Craft Warehouse on Facebook, post about the party on Facebook, or Twitter. That is five chances to win!
• Upload your projects before midnight, Tuesday Pacific Standard Time. * Only those in the contiguous United States may enter to win.*
• The winning entries will be randomly picked by Random.org and then listed here, Wednesday, May 25th.