This will make 1- 72” or 2 - 36” runners
You will need-
• 3-6 colors of wool felt, 12”x18” sheets or 1/8 yard of each
• 2 ¼ yards of wool felt for under runner, optional
• Coordinating embroidery floss, embroidery needle
• Frixion pen
• Aleene’s Tacky Glue
1. Cut out the 2 leaves and use as templates. Trace 12-18 leaves onto each color of felt with the Frixion pen. (I use Frixion pens for so many sewing and crafting projects. Write, draw, mark-when you are done,a light touch with your iron over the ink and voila! The marks are gone!!) If you are more comfortable following a line, draw veins on each leaf.
Spritz the table runner or use steam to get the fold lines out of the jute/burlap runner. If desired, cut the runner in half.
3. Place the leaves in a pleasing design. Glue in place. Let dry and enjoy!
4. Place the leaves in a pleasing design. Do you want to use a centerpiece with this runner? Be sure to leave room in the middle for it. Glue in place.
Let dry and enjoy!
Quick tip: I found it easiest to embroider each leaf and then cut them out. There is more fabric to hold if you do it this way.
* Get the download printable for this project on our Craft Warehouse website here!