Friday, October 17, 2014
Embossed Santa Card
There is nothing like getting a handmade card! Handmade cards are something different. After all, what makes a more beautiful keepsake than a personalized handmade holiday card? This darling Santa card is a favorite with all our customers! It will be sure to be a favorite with anyone you send it to!
• PA-White A2 cards and envelopes
• PA- white, red, skintone, and black cardstock
• Darice- Sparkle Christmas pom poms (mixed bag)
• Tape runners and foam tape
• Fiskars- scallop edger scissors
• Wilton/ EK success Mustache/bowtie punch
• Uchida/Marvy- 1” circle punch
• Corner rounder
• Darice-1218-39 snowflakes and flourishes embossing
• Ellison/Sizzix- Texture Boutique embossing machine
• C2F- uniball signo white gel pen
• C2F- micron black pen
• Ranger- distress ink spun sugar
• Darice- foam blending pods
• OPTIONAL- Ranger- Stickels glitter glue-Diamond
1. Cut skin tone cardstock to 4 1/4” x 2”
Cut red cardstock to 4 1/4” x 1 1/2”
Cut white cardstock to 4 1/4 x 2 1/2”
Cut white cardstock to 4 1/4 x 1”
Punch skin tone cardstock with 1” circle punch
Punch 2 black cardstock with 1” circle punch
Punch white cardstock with mustache/bow tie punch
2. Use a white 4 1/4” x 1” cardstock strip and use the Fiskars scallop edger to cut a decorative edge along 1long side of this strip- this will be the trim on Santa’s hat.
3. Fit the edged trim white cardstock, the punched out mustache, and the white 4 1/4” x 2 1/2” cardstock into the snowflake embossing folder all at the same time by arranging the pieces so they are not overlapping or hanging out the sides of folder. Then run through the Texture Boutique to emboss.
4. Use 1 white A2 Card, 1 skin tone 4 1/4” x 2” strip cardstock,and 1 strip of red cardstock 4 1/4” x 1 1/2”. DRY FIT the skin tone strip, the red strip, and the embossed larger strip of
cardstock onto the front of the card before they glue- so they can see how it’s going to come together. Glue the red strip at the top of the card first. Then but the skin tone cardstock right up next to the red cardstock already on card and glue in place. finally layer the larger embossed snowflake white cardstock to bottom of card- this will overlap the skin tone layer a
5. Use the 2 black circle punches, 1 skin tone circle punch and DRY FIT these along with the embossed mustache and hat trim. BEFORE GLUING the face in place- give Santa some color! Use foam blending pod to apply a little pink ink to the apples of his cheeks, and go ahead and dust one edge of the skin tone circle punch out with the pink ink as well. The black circles get adhered with tape runner. Placing them close together helps with the cute factor- wide set eyes will give Santa a
‘crazed’ look. Add the nose and mustache with foam tape.
6. Use tape runner to add embossed trim to hat. This may overlap the eyes slightly.
7. Apply tape runner to the 2nd piece of red cardstock 4 1/4” x 1 1/2 and lay this over the top left corner of card at an angle- this is to be the long pointed end of Santa's hat- so adjust into an elongated triangle. Turn card over and use scissors to cut away the excess red cardstock hanging over the edges.
8. Finish- Glue dot a pom pom to end of stocking hat. Use black micron pen to add lashes, and use white gel pen to add highlights on eyes, and a couple of white freckles in the pink cheeks.
9. OPTIONAL- Add Stickels glitter glue here and there on embossed snowflake areas.