Thursday, October 16, 2014
Lawn Fawn Sending Hedgehugs Card
There is nothing like getting a handmade card! Handmade cards are something different. After all, what makes a more beautiful keepsake than a personalized handmade holiday card? This darling hedgehog card will make anyone that you send it to smile!
Coloring Technique: Coloring images in with color pencils first- using a medium to heavy pressure and color in small circles. This will lay down your base color- and give a slightly waxy coat. Then use Tombow brush markers in same colors to layer over the top- the marker glides over the waxy build up allowing you to blend the marker with the pencil resulting in a blended finish that has depth. It’s fast, easy, and satisfying!
• PA-White A2 cards and envelopes
• PA- light blue cardstock
• PA- medium blue cardstock
• PA white smooth cardstock (for stamping/diecutting)
• tape runner and foam tape
• Darice red/white bakers twine
• EK success heart puffy stickers (or similar)
• We R Quick Stick tool
• We R Evolution die cutting machine
• Lawn Fawn- hedgehugs dies
• Lawn Fawn- hedgehugs stamps/ acrylic handles
• Versafine black ink pad
• color pencils (tan, brown, pink)
• Tombow brush markers (tan, light brown)
1. Cut light blue textured cardstock to 5” x 3 3/4”
2. Cut medium blue textured cardstock to 5 1/4” x 4”
3. Die Cut snowy hillside with stitched dies. (start with a 5 1/2” x 2” strip of smooth cardstock
4. Use a piece of white cardstock 3” x 2” and stamp the 2 different hedgehogs with black Versafine ink. Then color. First use color pencils (medium-heavy presuure- pushing hard enough in small circles so that you get a sort of waxy build up) color bodies light tan, and the quill area in brown. Can add a little pink on ears/cheeks) Now take similar color tan Tombow brush marker and color over the color pencil in same shade. The marker will blend with the color pencil resulting in a blended finish that looks professional! Repeat with the brown color on the quill area.
5. Next, position the stamped images and dies to be die cut. Use slightly tacky washi tape to secure die in place before die cutting.
6. Use 1 white A2 card, and 1 each of the light and medium blue cardstock and layer to card front using tape runner. Then wrap a double length of red and white bakers twine around card and tie on front. Use scissors to trim ends.
7. Use black Versafine ink to stamp the ‘sending hedgehugs’ to snowy hillside or stamp inside of card
instead. Use tape runner to layer snowy hillside diecut to bottom of card.
8. Finish!- Use foam tape to add stamped, colored, and die cut hedgehogs to card front. Add a mini