Thank you so much for joining me today. I have such a fun project to share with you. I was so excited when I opened my Craft Warehouse box and saw the wonderful goodies inside. I received the cutest mini quilt pattern from Thimble Blossoms along with some Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics, now in Craft Warehouse stores!. I couldn’t wait to get started. After following the easy, clear pattern and having the cutest little mini quilt in my hands I was trying to come up with a different way to use it. I don’t have very much wall space in my sewing room but I do have a couch. So I made a mini quilt pillow to adorn my couch.
Fat Quarter for the back
Directions for 16x16 pillow:
1. Follow all of the Instructions for the mini quilt.
2. Baste Ric-Rac along all 4 sides. (optional).
3. On the top and the bottom add a 1 ¼”sash and a 2” sash on both sides. This will give you a 16 ½”x16 ½” square.
4. Cut the Fat Quarter to 16 ½”x16 ½” for the back.
5. Sew along 3 ½ sides, leaving an opening for turning.
6. Turn and press.
7. Insert the pillow form into the opening.
8. Hand Stitch the opening closed.
And now you are done!
Here is a close up of the optional ric-rac, I love how it looks like a little scallop.
Here is a picture of the beautiful fabric for the back, I just love it.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today and I look forward to all of the wonderful inspiration from the Craft Warehouse team.