Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Glamping Birthday Party


I am so excited to finally reveal the entire Glamping first birthday party that I planned for my daughter, Bethany! This was so much fun to prepare but even more fun to enjoy with family and friends! Each project I am sharing below was an easy DIY using supplies from my local Craft Warehouse!
Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy

My father in law did the ultimate DIY and built picnic tables to have on hand for events like these. He brought them over and had them set up in our backyard. To decorate the tables, I cut a piece of wrapping paper as a quick table runner and then I added fresh flowers in handmade vases. Read how I arranged the flowers on a budget here.

Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy

At each place setting I added these s'more treat bags (you can find the tutorial right here). Also, for a little bling I placed rhinestone stickers on the ends of the spoons. They were darling.

Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy

The mason drinking jars were a huge hit and decorated the tables nicely too! The labels were different colors so that it was easy to tell each others drink apart. We filled our glasses with cucumber and mint water which was quite refreshing in the heat!

Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy

This old potting bench needed a bad make over and I thought the party would be a good excuse to give it a coat of Americana Chalky Paint. The mint was beautiful after only one coat! I then staked a new My Mind's Eye gold banner in between the bench which reads, "Happy Birthday Bethany." Guests placed their gifts on the table and on the wire basket underneath. 

Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy

To match the bench, I painted the outside of this mason jar with two coats of paint in the same color. It is now my new favorite jar to add flowers to!


For fun goodie bags, I wrapped the goodies in bubble wrap (to give more "puff") and then wrapped it in this pin striped fabric from the Winter Wonderland collection, which gave it the perfect neutral vintage feel! I tied each of the bags to a branch. We laid them against some of my vintage suitcases for decoration.

Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy

By far, one of my favorite DIY projects for the party was this Photo Booth Tent that I hung from the tree using another neutral design from the Winter Wonderland by Bunny Hill for Moda Fabrics collection (available now in stores). It had lights and bunting hanging to create such a magical scene! Even at night I couldn't tear myself away. I just sat and enjoyed it all!

You can find out how I created the tent right here.

Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy


We all had the best time capturing my daughter at the party. She wore this handmade Hollywood Vintage Inspired Headband that took all but minutes to make. She was beautiful! 

During the party, we roasted s'mores at our fire pit, had Chicago Dogs on the grill, and had an ice cream bar where guests could add their own toppings! It was the perfect treat for a hot day!

Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy

My husband and I found out that our son was allergic to several foods after his first birthday, so we were very careful about what we served Bethany at the party. She got her own homemade no egg, no sugar cake (not the best looking DIY I have done) but it looked better on the DIY cake stand. Ha!

Glamping Birthday Party @craftsavvy @createoften #craftwarehouse #glamping #girl #birthday #party #diy


I hope that this inspires you to have fun creating a "Glamping" Birthday Party! It was the most fun our family and friends have had in a while and memorable too!

Would you like to design for Craft Warehouse? Who we are looking for: Artists (including scrapbooking, pocket page scrapbooking, card making, stamping, jewelry making, paper crafts, quilting, fiber artists, fine artist, painter, or DIY crafter) within the contiguous United States. Click here to find out how to apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips