There is nothing more sweet than a headband on my little girl. This feather one beats all the headbands I have made in a heartbeat and it was so easy to make that I just had to share it with you!
This "Vintage Hollywood" inspired headband is perfect for your next photo session, wedding, or party celebration!
Touch of Nature Feathers (it comes already glued and one piece in a pack)
Button (from Dress It Up Fancy Grab Bag)
1/4" White Elastic
Sewing Needle and White Thread
White or Ivory Fabric or Felt Scrap (the size of the feather piece)
Hot Glue Gun
1. Using the elastic, measure the head of who you are making the headband for. Make sure it is not too tight. Cut the elastic to size.
2. Decide where you want the feather to lay on the headband. I choose the top of the feather to start at the midpoint of my daughter's head and run down one side - which gives it that "vintage" look.
3. Cut a piece of fabric or felt the size of the back of the feather. Use hot glue to sandwich the headband in between the back of the feather and the wrong side of the fabric.
4. Hot glue the button to the top of the feather where it meets the elastic.
5. With your needle and thread, sew the ends of the elastic closed.