Handmade projects don't have to be complicated to be impressive! Join us through out the month of April for ideas that are easy DIY, that will satisfy your desire to create, and will wow your family and friends! Paint the plain wood heart template with chalk spray paint. Then doodle on the hearts or add words that describes the person in the photo. Then add a special photo of who you would like this to represent and cut your photo in a heart to go on the piece of wood. Because its chalk you can always wipe off and start over. In this project I used a bistro marker.
- 12x12 White Shadow Box
- 12x12 Dear Lizzy Wood Cut Out
- Black Chalkboard Spray Paint
- Bistro Marker
- Heidi Swapp 12x12 teal scrapbook paper
- Beacon 3 in 1 glue
- Paint your heart surface with chalkboard spray paint in a ventilated area.
- Spray 2 coats letting the surface dry in between sprays.
- Open up the back of your shadow box and throw away your glass and take the middle section out.
- Glue the heart to the inside of the front of the frame using Beacon 3in1 glue.
- Put the middle part of the shadow box back into the frame.
- Cut your scrapbook paper to fit the backing on the frame and glue paper to the backing using beacon 3 in 1.
- Close up your frame and know you are ready to add your photo and doodle!