Handmade projects don't have to be complicated to be impressive! Join us through out the month of April for ideas that are easy DIY, that will satisfy your desire to create, and will wow your family and friends!
This simple technique using frosted glass spray has such stunning results!
- White Whimsical Open Back Frame 16" x20"
- Conversation Glass 16"x20"
- Krylon Frosted Glass Spray Paint
- Large Ruler
- Paper to fit under your glass 16"x20"
- Hazel and Ruby Handmade Mask Stencils Blindside Alpha and Broadside Alpha
- Painters Tape
- Red Chunky Glitter
- Martha Stewart Glitter Glue
- Cereal Box (for the heart)
Hazel and Ruby Handmade (Broadside Alpha
Hazel and Ruby Handmade (Blindside Alpha)
1. On the 16"x20" paper you are going to make a template to put under your glass to help keep everything straight. I have a list of measurements to help you make your template.
Start at the top of your paper:
- Measure 7" down and draw a horizontal line. (this is were your Love letters will go)
- Measure 2.25" down from your 3rd line. (Deeply)
- Measure 3.75" down from your 2nd line. (Laugh)
- Measure 2.25" down from the 3rd line (Loudly)
- You should only have 4.5" from the 4th line to the bottom of your paper. (trust me this will all make since!)
- Know you are going to draw a vertical line measuring 2.75" from the left side of your paper. (this is to help you to start your word Love & Laugh)
- Then one last vertical line 6.25" from the left side of your paper. (this line is to show you where to start your Deeply & Loudly words.
2. After you finish your template place under the glass so you can position your letters where they need to go. Save a spot where your glitter heart will go between the L and V. In the photo above I have more line then you need so just follow the measurements I listed for you.
3. Once the letters are on top of the glass, place painters tape around the side of your glass. (I used 1.5" painters tape, but you can make whatever width you want.)
4. Take glass in a ventilated area and spray it with frosted glass spray. You will need 2-3 coats. Let dry and peel off letters and tape.
5. Place glass into open back frame and glue in using E6000.
6. While the glue is drying create your glitter heart. Cut out a heart to fit in the O spot on your glass. Then brush it with Martha Stewart glue and sprinkle with chunky glitter. Let dry then add to the front of your glass using E6000 glue. Let everything dry overnight.