Friday, April 25, 2014

Graphic 45 Envelope Mini Book by Design Team Member Keri Sallee


Hello Craft Warehouse Friends!! Keri Sallee here and I am so excited to be here with you today. One of my favorite things to make is mini-albums and when I saw what was in my Craft Warehouse box, I knew exactly what I wanted to make.

In my box was: 

Graphic 45 "By The Sea" Paper Pad


Matching "By the Sea" Chipboard 


 Teresa Collin's Basically Essential Stencil in "Scallop"



OTHER MATERIALS:
* Aleene's Tacky Glue
* Modeling Paste
* Acrylic Paint (Navy Blue)
* Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain) 
* 6 x 9 Manila Clasp Envelopes 
* EK Sucess 3-D Dots 
* Fiskars Scissors 






To make the base of your album, grab your envelopes, glue and scissors. You can make this album with any number of envelopes. For the completed project, I used 4 envelopes (for this sample tutorial I used 3.)

Cut the flap off of one of the envelopes and set that envelope aside. 


Taking the rest of your envelopes, lay them end to end, with the opening pointed towards the left. 


Apply adhesive to the envelope flap on the right and then lay the next envelope on top. Be careful not to cover the flap crease (it will make it difficult to close your album if you do.) Continue this process until you have used all of the envelopes (except for the one you cut the flap from.)


Now grab the trimmed envelope and turn it so that the opening is facing the right. Add adhesive to the envelope flap and adhere your final envelope to the beginning of your string of envelopes. 



Fold your album in an accordion shape. 


For your front, cover your front envelope with the Graphic 45 Seashell paper. To make the scallops on the cover, mix equal parts modeling paste and acrylic paint. Using a small spatula, scrape your mixed through the Teresa Collins Scallop Stencil. (NOTE: This stencil is thin, so if you have a stencil adhesive available it is very handy.)



To complete your album, fussy cut shapes of your choice and add chipboard shapes from the Graphic 45 Chipboard embellishments. I chose to use Tim Holtz Distress ink in Walnut Stain to give it a vintage feel and EK Success 3-D dots to add dimension. 






The envelope pockets allow for TON of extra space for journaling and pictures!


I hope you have enjoyed seeing this project come alive as much as I've enjoyed making it. I can't wait to see how it inspires you!

Until next time friends...remember to make your art intention...not an afterthought.

XOXO,

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful mini book and great tutorial. You're so talented and I can't wait to see what you create in the year to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Gr. 45 collection and I love what you have done with it - great mini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mini album!!! Love the step by step! I am going to give this a shot! Thanks for trying!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips